First Post! Finally!
I started learning Korean in August 2009 in college/university till May 2010. For about one and half years I didn’t actively study Korean at all, but I did listen to Korean music and watch Korean dramas and movies. Still, my vocabulary suffered and so did my grammar. I decided I wanted to become fluent in Korean (and German), so here I am, studying again.
This blog will be my official record of language learning, starting with Korean. Every month I will update my goals. Every week on Sunday, I will update with my completed study log along with the resources I used.
My Current Level: Mid beginning level with one year of formal classroom study and several months of sporadic self-study
· Review Integrated Korean: Beginning 2 at one chapter per week and also review the corresponding Talk To Me In Korean lessons
· Listen to two TTMIK Iyagi podcasts per week
· Read one Korean children’s book (Kindergarten level)
· Learn new 455 words (15 words per day)
· Write two short essays in my Lang-8 journal
· Complete two GLOSS lessons per week
· Consume any amount of Korean media including music, dramas, and movies
Resources I Use:
· Lang-8 (my username is okaymango) [www.lang-8.com]
· Integrated Korean: Beginning 2 textbook
· TTMIK podcasts, lessons, and videos [http://www.talktomeinkorean.com]
· Anki flashcard freeware [http://ankisrs.net/]
· Subs2srs freeware for converting video with subtitles into Anki flashcards [http://sourceforge.net/projects/subs2srs/files/]
· Korean GLOSS lessons [gloss.dliflc.edu/]
· English-Korean-English dictionary [www.endic.naver.com]
· Web comics [comic.naver.com/index.nhn]
On July 8, I will update with my complete study log and the resources I used for the week. Thanks for reading!